Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Aberdeen Station Building Fitted with Small Signs

I installed three small station signs on the Aberdeen Station building that was the subject of a recent post. The signs are mounted with a 1 mm peg on the rear of the sign. I used a 1.1 mm drill bit after using a scriber to make a small drill centre indent in the plastic brick cladding as a 1 mm hole was too tight.

These signs were white with black as a background to the white lettering. I achieved this by using black paint over the white then carefully scraping away any black paint that got onto the face of the lettering.



The signs are WAITING ROOM, STATION MASTER and PARCEL OFFICE.

I am very happy with the signs and really must get back to the Werris creek Station building. My next mission is to do something about the brick platform edges, I could use the Slaters brick sheet but that would mean a visible join every so often, not easy to disguise.

I have had a thought about photo-shopping some of the brick platform edge that appears in some photos of Werris Creek Station that I have but due to shadows, etc it might not be too good. More thinking required, I am good at that! Don't we all do it when there is something that we are stuck on and don't know how to make a start?

2 comments:

BOLIVIA said...

Hi Ray
I have some birds eye views of Werris Creek station for you,When Nick downloads them.
From all different angles.The main roof is interesting !
We took them just lately as we stayed at the Creek while Attending Agquip
Also did the silos from there back to Gunnedah.

Ray P said...

Rohan

I am always looking for more photos of Werris Creek station so they would be very welcome.

Some time in the future I will be working on the Refreshment Room/Hotel as well and that certainly has a complicated roof.

Regards,
Ray