Wednesday, October 16, 2024

With time everything changes and also remains the same

I have now read all my BYLONG blog posts up to the present day and I am a bit ashamed by the number of times I said that I was going to do something on the layout, and then failed to do so. I have a bad habit of making/building something, and stopping when I hit a small hurdle like needing to get some more parts, paint, etc. I am also prone to having an idea and running off in pursuit of the new thing at the expense of what I was working on.

Now that I am officially a 'gunna do', I have decided that there a few projects that must be finished.

Here are a couple of projects, in no particular order to be finished:

Lloyds etched brass turret tender kit built for a Eureka Models D50 that gave up its Standard tender for my Wombat C30T conversion to bogie tender version. See my blog post called 'A Fun Week of Modelling' from 11 November 2019.

Here are a few photos showing the tender and where it is still up to, 3D printed chassis, bogies fitted, coupler fitted, and painted. The intent is to fit it with the QSI Titan decoder I removed from the above mentioned Eureka Models D50 Class locomotive. The issue here is to run the extra wiring through the locomotive to make the marker lights work as in my earlier blog post here and another post here.






The next stalled project was started in August 2022 and involves an extension to the Wollar wheat siding and the 'scenicing' in of the Auscision S008 silo. A part of the BYLONG scenery that was done for the original AMRA exhibitions back in 1979 was cut away to allow the siding extension. The cut away 'earthworks' then needed a sleeper built retaining wall to be made. The retaining wall was 3D printed on a FDM printer, painted, weathered, and glued in place. The track was installed, a buffer stop glued in place, and that is where the project has stopped. I guess my problem is reaching to scenic the area behind the retaining wall and to fix up the 45 year old scenery without making it look out of place in the surrounding old scenery.

The observant will have noticed the siding next to the roundhouse that still needs ballasting.

Now, "must be finished", but when?


No comments: