Friday, October 11, 2019

Post AMRA Exhibition Brass Signal Update

Well, I sold all 24 brass NSWGR HO lower quadrant signals over the three days of the weekend exhibition and would like to thank all those who showed their interest.

I had eight operational built and painted signals and sixteen signal kits.

Brass operational and painted Right Hand Bracket Signal

Operational built and painted brass signals

Sixteen signal kits ready to go - Note the brass signal post, signal parts,
mechanism with hardware and the cast brass ladder
My little stand on the Eureka Models stand - Thanks Ron
I did note that the use of a timber stand meant that I was asked a number of times if the signals worked as the mechanisms could not be seen, a learning thing. Next time I will have a perspex stand.

I can accept orders by email for large or small numbers of signals and will be able to supply the signals with a choice of signal arm lengths. The signals I have in this locally produced line are 27 foot post single arm, 23 foot post single arm, left hand bracket and right hand bracket. So if a bracket signal is required with a 39 inch main line arm and a 36 inch arm or alternatively a 30 inch arm for a loop then this can be ordered and accommodated.

Email me at: rpilgrim@bigpond.net.au for more information or to order.

I also had a number of requests asking if I was going to produce N Scale signals, 7mm Scale signals and Upper Quadrant signals.

The N Scale signals will definitely be looked at and do look possible.

Unfortunately however, the 7mm Scale signals would be too tall for the casting equipment.

Upper Quadrant signal kits are available in the Gordon Box brand at Casula Hobbies or from the advertisement in the latest Australian Journal of Railway Modelling magazine (Issue Number 12 page 47).

The next few HO brass signals will be a timber post Distant signal, a 23 foot steel tube post single arm signal and left and right bracket steel tube signals.


23 Ft Steel Post Signal - 3D Render

Steel Post LH Bracket Front - 3D Render


Steel Post LH Bracket Rear - 3D Render
I will endeavor to introduce more signals as the brass signal order uptake increases.

The cost of doing each signal locally is not small so the more unusual signals such as the under-slung type, Werris Creek platform starting bracket signal and some others will likely have to be ordered from my Signals Branch shop.



No comments: